Laser therapies stimulate cells to reduce pain, inflammation, and other symptoms of foot and ankle conditions. However, not all laser therapies are the same. MLS laser therapy, also known as Multiwave Locked System laser therapy, is an advanced laser therapy system that may provide noninvasive and painless relief from foot and ankle issues.
MLS Technology Is Different From Earlier Forms of Laser Therapy
All lasers use light beams to stimulate cells. Before MLS laser therapy became available, podiatrists and patients typically had choices. They could choose a lower-powered laser that required more treatment sessions but had few side effects or a higher-powered laser that required fewer treatment sessions but often damaged healthy tissue. Additionally, they had to choose a laser to treat a specific problem, such as inflammation or pain. It was often impossible to treat multiple symptoms at once with laser therapy.
MLS laser therapy changed these choices.
Unlike traditional laser treatments, MLS laser therapy synchronizes multiple wavelengths of light beams. When the laser beams work together, they are typically more effective at simultaneously reducing inflammation and pain while promoting tissue repair. Additionally, MLS lasers deliver more accurate doses, which can result in consistently better treatment results.
Advantages of MLS Laser Therapy
Every patient is unique. However, some of the possible benefits of MLS laser therapy include the following:
- Fast and easy appointments that typically last less than 15 minutes
- No downtime after treatment
- Long-lasting pain relief
- Reduction of swelling and inflammation
- Tissue repair and cell growth
- Improved circulation
- Improved nerve function
- Faster wound healing
Overall, MLS laser therapy may allow for more precise treatment of multiple symptoms with fewer side effects and without medication or surgery.
MLS Laser Therapy Treats Multiple Conditions
MLS laser therapy can treat a variety of medical conditions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Foot wounds
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Tendonitis and tendon injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Swelling and pain after surgery
- Sports injuries
- Ankle and foot pain
- Sprains and strains
- Scar reduction
Of course, MLS laser therapy may not be your only treatment option.
Talk To Advanced Foot & Ankle About Whether MLS Laser Therapy Is Right for You
An experienced Twin Falls podiatrist will diagnose your foot or ankle condition and recommend treatment options. During your appointment, all your questions should be answered so you can make an informed decision about your treatment.
Generally, people who choose MLS laser therapy to treat a foot or ankle condition can expect the following:
- One or more treatment appointments. Acute injuries may be treated in one or two appointments. Chronic or more complicated injuries may require two to three appointments a week over a number of weeks.
- Not to feel anything during treatment. You will not feel the heat from the laser, there are no needles, and there is no discomfort associated with treatment.
- Short treatment appointments. Our MLS therapy appointments typically last no more than 15 minutes. You will be ready to go on with your day with minimal interruption.
- No pain or side effects from your treatment. You should not experience any downtime because of MLS laser therapy.
- Results. You may feel some improvement after just one treatment. Your MLS laser therapy trained podiatrist will determine how many treatments are necessary to get you to the point of maximum medical improvement.
You have options about which podiatrist to see and what treatment plan to try. If MLS laser therapy sounds like it might be an option for you, we encourage you to contact a Twin Falls podiatrist who has experience with this technology. That way, all your questions can be answered, and you can be confident in the foot or ankle treatment plan you choose.